Letter from Scholastic India
Greetings from Scholastic India!
We always believe children prosper best in school, supported by teachers who know how to make the most of their individual learning journey. As schools remain closed during this time of pandemic, we need to help mitigate the loss of learning momentum of the children as well as encourage and motivate them in the development of their skillsets.
As part of these efforts, we are pleased to announce that registrations have been opened for the 14th edition of the Scholastic Writing Awards (SWA) to encourage and promote young talent. Children participating in SWA-2020 will compete nationally for outstanding original written works with other children from across the country. Winners will get the coveted chance to be published in an anthology published annually by Scholastic India. SWA 2020, like the previous years, will be conducted in 2 grade groups comprising children of Grades 4-6 and 7-9.
- The top 10 winners (top 5 from both the groups) will be published in an anthology.
- The top 10 winners (top 5 from both the groups) will also be entitled to a writing residency workshop with a renowned author to further hone and improve upon their skills followed by an awards ceremony and book launch event.
- The top 6 winners (top 3 from both the groups) will also get an Amazon Kindle Paperwhite.
- The top 50 stories (top 25 from both the groups) will be published as kindle editions on Amazon.
- Every participating student will receive a Certificate of Participation.
The registration of all interested children can be done on swa.scholastic.co.in.
Once registered, the children can write and submit their stories. This will be followed by a ranking phase where every participating child gets to read 3 stories from his grade group and rate them. The rankings will be ascertained accordingly and the best stories will be picked out from among these by a panel of authors and experts to find the winners of SWA-2020.
Registrations and submissions will be closing on 30th June, 2020!
Looking forward to your ward’s participation in SWA 2020. For any and all queries, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s get the children writing. Wishing your child all the very best!
Team Scholastic India